1218 3rd Ave., Suite 2100
Seattle, WA 98101
Mr. Kirby is a partner at AEON Law who focuses his practice on intellectual property matters in fields such as computer science and digital technologies. Before becoming a lawyer, Mr. Kirby worked for fourteen years in information technology, holding positions as a Systems Administrator, Technology Specialist, and Software Developer. For many years, Mr. Kirby was also an active freelance trombonist in and around Seattle.
- Seattle University School of Law, Seattle, Washington (Juris Doctor, 2007; summa cum laude; Dean’s Medal)
- Judicial Extern, Honorable Ronald Leighton, U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington
- Presidential Law Scholar
- 2005 Cheney/Metzger Legal Writing Scholarship
- 2006-07 Lead Articles Editor, Seattle University Law Review
- University of Washington, Seattle, Washington (Master of Music, 1992; Doctor of Musical Arts, 1998)
- University of Missouri, Kansas City, Missouri (Bachelor of Music, 1990)
- Washington State
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington
- Defining Abusive Software to Protect Computer Users from the Threat of Spyware, Computer Law Review and Technology Journal (Vol. X, No. 3, 10 Comp. L. Rev. & Tech. J. 287)
- “Tamil Welfare and Human Rights Committee v. John Ashcroft.” Just Memos, Laurel Oates & Anne Enquist, 2d Ed. 2007. Sample bench memo § 6.4.5.