Copyrights protect works of authorship, such as writings, music, and works of art that have been tangibly expressed. AEON Law provides counseling, registration, agreements, acquisition and enforcement services regarding all aspects of copyright law. We work with clients ranging from software and technology companies to songwriters and chocolate makers. The law of copyright is exciting and complex. Our attorneys have extensive experience in navigating the tricky and sometimes unfriendly waters of the United States and International copyright laws. Our copyright services include:
- Counseling – We provide customer and business specific counseling on copyright matters that takes into account all our client’s needs. We match our counseling and copyright strategies to each client’s specific goals, budgets and timelines.
- Auditing – We perform audits to detect any defects in the copyright that may affect the value of the assets and look for possible infringement of the rights of others.
- Registration – We handle all steps necessary to register a copyright on a state-by-state or nationwide basis.
- Agreements – We advise and draft your agreement contracts that define in detail how, where, and when the copyrighted work may be used by others.
- Acquisition – We will advise you on the steps to take when transferring ownership of copyrights from a seller to a buyer.
- Enforcement – We work with the USPTO to ensure that your copyright is protected, as well as perform searches to ensure that no one is using your copyright illegally.
- Licensing- The process of commercializing your invention often includes licensing to others the right to use your copyrights. We will work with you to develop an appropriate and aggressive licensing program for your copyrights, and will negotiate the right for you to use others’ copyrights when appropriate.