Shan Liao, Patent Attorney
Shan Liao advises clients on legal issues related to patents, including drafting and prosecuting patents, helping clients build strong patent portfolios and develop IP strategies. Shan has strong academic training in a broad range of engineering disciplines, including electrical engineering, computer engineering, computer science, biochemistry, and molecular biology.
Prior to joining Aeon Law, Shan was in-house patent counsel for a local technology startup company. Her in-house and law firm experience can help clients understand the impacts of patent law on their businesses and achieve effective and practical solutions to their intellectual property disputes.
Shan currently serves as the Treasurer of the Seattle Chinese Bar Association.
- University of Washington School of Law, Master of Laws in Intellectual Property Law & Policy
- Tsinghua University, Juris Master in Intellectual Property Law
- University of Washington School of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Master of Science (in progress)
- University of Washington, Graduate Certificate in Software Design & Development
- Shandong University, Bachelor of Science, Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
Areas of Practice
- Patent Law
- Patent Portfolio Management
- IP Strategy and Planning
U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Chinese (Mandarin and Cantonese)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Seattle Chinese Bar Association, Treasure