A patent is a property right granted by a government to an inventor or company to exclude others from making, using, selling, offering for sale or importing the invention for a significant time in exchange for public disclosure about the invention. Aeon Law has extensive experience in patenting high-technology inventions. Our attorneys have expertise in numerous technology areas to most effectively serve the patent needs of our clients. Our clients find AEON Law to be more cost effective than working with large, traditional firms, since AEON Law’s attorneys can provide services at rates the large firms cannot charge due to their high overhead. Our patent services include:
- Counseling – We provide customer and business specific counseling on patent matters that takes into account all our client’s needs. We match our counseling and patent strategies to each client’s specific goals, budgets and timelines.
- Patentability Searches and Opinions – We perform searches (as well as working with search specialists) and render opinions on the patentability of new inventions.
- Infringement, Non-infringement and Validity Opinions – We also analyze products and services for infringement/non-infringement of existing patents. We can perform analysis and render opinions on the validity/invalidity of existing patents. Searching and analyzing now gives you a better chance to avoid unnecessary patent litigation later.
- Applications – U.S., foreign and international. We will apply for and prosecute U.S., foreign and international patent applications for your inventive concepts. Please ask one of our attorneys about our competitive flat-fee rates for patent applications.
- Patent Prosecution – We have extensive experience in prosecuting patent applications before the United States Patent and Trademark Office and before the Board of Patent Appeals and Interferences.
- Licensing – The process of commercializing your patented invention often includes licensing to others the right to use your patented invention. We will work with you to develop an appropriate and aggressive licensing program for your patents, and will negotiate the right for you to use others’ patent rights when appropriate.