Mechanical & Products
Mechanical & Products
In the world of gears and gadgets, we work side-by-side with clients from startups to household names as they develop their ideas into marketable products.
AEON Law attorneys speak engineer. Our attorneys are even inventors named on a number of patents. From the moment we begin working with a client, we help them zero in on the technologies that are patentable and commercially viable. We then translate our clients’ concepts clearly in words and images to the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office to obtain broad patent protection.
Multifaceted IP Protection
As a boutique law firm, we are able to work as a team with our client to identify the best way to protect their innovations. Often, this is through utility patents for mechanical devices. But, with our experience in a range of technologies, we can also help protect innovations like the software and electronics that run modern devices. When the innovative shape or appearance of a product is significant, we help protect the look of a product through design patents.
We also work with clients to register and enforce trademarks for consumer and B2B products and services. From trademark clearance and application through registration and maintenance, we help clients build holistic, global brand strategies that showcase their innovations.
When it comes to monetizing our clients’ inventions, our attorneys negotiate license agreements. Here, our forward-looking strategic approach helps clients collaborate with the right licensing partners and come away with favorable agreements.
In all of these areas, our goal is for our clients to make smart business decisions. To do that, clients need to understand the costs from the start. With our focus on strategy and flat fee structure, we help our clients secure valuable intellectual property portfolios that provide them with protection against infringers and make them attractive to investors, all within a predictable budget.
Our services include:
Strategy and Consulting
- Identifying protectable and commercially viable technologies
- IP audits and consultation on monetizing assets
- Brand strategy
Intellectual Property Prosecution
- Patentability searches and opinions
- Utility patent applications
- Design patent applications
- Trademark applicationsInternational IP portfolio management (including utility patents, utility models, design patents, and trademarks)
Transactions and Licensing
- IP licensing for patents, trade secrets, copyrights, and trademarks
- Due diligence in intellectual property transactions
- IP agreements for mergers and acquisitions
Protection and Enforcement
- Infringement/non-infringement opinions and analysis
- Invalidity opinions and analysis
- Inter partes proceedings before the USPTO Patent Trial and Appeal Board
- Litigation strategy for plaintiffs and defense
- Marketplace monitoring for potential infringers
- Sending and responding to cease and desist letters
- Negotiation and drafting of settlement agreements
Let's work together.
More Sectors We Manage
Federal Circuit: Particle Patent Claims Anticipated
By the prior art
Don’t Let Trademark Scams Fool You
Trademark scams deceive,
Vigilance and knowledge,
Trust lawyers, be safe.
US Supreme Court Declines to Consider Appeal of AI Inventor Decision
US Supreme Court
Declines to hear petition –
AI can’t invent
Sign up to receive Patent Poetry—a monthly roundup of key IP issues in our signature haiku format. Four articles (only 68 syllables); zero hassle.