Respected for Our Expertise & Personalized Guidance
AEON Law invites attorneys with an established practice (at least 75% of your capacity — more is better) to join us in building our boutique intellectual property law firm. Interested attorneys must be ambitious and have a minimum of two years of experience in one or more of the following practice areas: patent prosecution, intellectual property law, or high technology law.
Candidates should have large-firm experience or equivalent credentials, experience in business development, and a desire to succeed as part of a growing law firm. We are an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Please paste a cover letter and resume using the form below.
High Tech Patent Attorney
AEON Law is seeking a Senior Patent Attorney with at least five years of legal experience. The qualified candidate will have previous experience in intellectual property law with strong interpersonal skills, a willingness to learn, and a desire to accept responsibility and manage a challenging workload in a fast-paced environment.
Position responsibilities include:
- Preparation of patent applications.
- Advise on patent design arounds and non-infringing product designs.
- Negotiate, draft, and review agreements such as licenses, research agreements, collaboration agreements, confidentiality agreements and material transfer agreements.
Requirements for consideration:
- Five years of experience practicing law with a focus on patent prosecution.
- Law degree from an accredited law school.
- Washington State Bar membership.
- Admitted to practice before the USPTO.
- Candidates should have large-firm experience or equivalent credentials.
- Competence in the use of technological systems and standard MS office applications.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with ability to manage multiple, simultaneous and shifting demands, priorities and tight deadlines.
- Desire to succeed as part of a growing law firm.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
Sign up to receive Patent Poetry—a monthly roundup of key IP issues in our signature haiku format. Four articles (only 68 syllables); zero hassle.