Senior Patent Attorney
Who we are:
AEON Law protects our clients, manages their deals, and defends their intellectual property through strategic and practical advice.
What’s different about us:
- We killed the billable hour. Our novel approach makes our legal work better, faster and more predictable.
- We are also creators, inventors and entrepreneurs. We speak the language of geeks and brands, not just legalese.
- We see IP as a critical business asset and empower our clients to leverage its value.
We deliver effective legal counsel in a warm and creative environment built on our core values:
- Always Learning
- Effective Delivery
- Opportunity Seeking
- Novel Approach
Who you are:
You should be a Patent Attorney who, like us, embraces a novel approach and understands that legal problems are business problems.
You should have a portable book of business or the demonstrated ability to build a book of business. You should have an entrepreneurial spirit and enthusiasm for growing your practice nationwide.
You obviously have previous experience in patent law with strong client origination and management skills, a desire to grow your career, and a willingness to manage valuable IP portfolios in a fast-paced environment.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Preparing and prosecuting patent applications.
- Originating and managing clients.
- Advising on patent design-arounds and non-infringing product designs.
- Negotiating, drafting, and reviewing agreements such as licenses, research agreements, collaboration agreements, confidentiality agreements and material transfer agreements.
Restating the obvious, as lawyers are prone to do, you should have:
- Experience practicing law with a focus on patent prosecution.
- A portable book of business comprising at least 50% of your workload (or the patience to grow your practice to this level).
- A law degree from an accredited law school.
- A state bar membership in good standing.
- Admission to practice before the USPTO.
- Competence in the use of technological systems and standard MS Office applications.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple, simultaneous, and shifting demands, priorities, and tight deadlines.
- Common sense with a dash of humor.
You will really stand out to us if you can show:
- Experience handling significant (25+) patent portfolios.
- A portable book of business that exceeds 100% of your ability to prosecute.
Sign up to receive Patent Poetry—a monthly roundup of key IP issues in our signature haiku format. Four articles (only 68 syllables); zero hassle.