A trademark is a word, phrase, symbol or design, or a combination of words, phrases, symbols or designs, that identifies and distinguishes the source of the goods of one party from those of another. A service mark is the same as a trademark, except that it identifies and distinguishes the source of a service rather than a product. Throughout this site, the terms “trademark” and “mark” refer to both trademarks and service marks. A certification mark is any word, name, symbol, device, or any combination, used, or intended to be used, in commerce by someone other than its owner, to certify regional or other origin, material, mode of manufacture, quality, accuracy, or other characteristics of such person’s goods or services, or that the work or labor on the goods or services was performed by members of a union or other organization. Our trademark services include:
- Counseling – Unlike typical trademark attorneys, AEON Law’s focus is not on simply clearing your mark for use and then obtaining a registration for your mark. Rather, AEON Law focuses on the branding process and counsels its clients on building a brand, not just using a fun logo or tag line.
- Branding – AEON Law can also help you come up with a new brand or rebrand. If you have an afternoon free, we can host a THREE CUBED™ Trademark Selection Session in our offices to help you identify a protectable trademark for your goods or services.
- Clearance searches and risk analysis – Simply put, searching and clearing a mark for use and registration is to your brand what liability insurance is to your business. Search now and have a much better chance of avoiding unnecessary trademark litigation later.
- Registration – State, federal, foreign and international. AEON Law will apply for and obtain state, federal, foreign and international registration of your marks. Please ask one of our attorneys about our competitive flat-fee rates for trademark registration.
- Trademark Trial and Appeal Board (TTAB) proceedings – AEON Law has extensive experience in prosecuting and defending oppositions, cancellations and appeals before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board (TTAB).
- Licensing – The process of building a strong brand often includes licensing to others the right to use your mark. AEON Law will work with you to develop an appropriate and aggressive licensing program for your marks, and will negotiate the right for you to use others’ marks when appropriate.